BREAST CANCER SURGERY
If you have been diagnosed with breast cancer then make sure you learn about the different types of surgical procedures and choose the best-suited one. At SaiShree Hospital, our surgical team communicates with the patients to help them understand various outcomes of different surgeries. The surgery is done mostly in 4 stages :
- Remove the cancer
- Find out whether cancer has spread to the lymph nodes under the arm
- Once the cancer is removed, the breast shape is restored
- Relieve any symptoms of advanced cancer.
Depending on your medical reports, health history, and diagnosis, our medical team will suggest the type of cancer surgery you should go through.
Types of Cancer Surgery
- Simple Mastectomy : The process removes cancer from the breast and is often recommended if cancer hasn’t spread in the lymph nodes or small glands that are part of your immune system.
- Radical Mastectomy : The surgery removes the entire breast tissues along with the nipple and lymph nodes. Process is not rare.
- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery :Surgery which offers minimum disfiguring on the breast after surgery.
- Skin-Sparing Mastectomy
- Augmentation / Reduction Mammoplasty
- Sentinel Node Biopsy : Done in selected early stage breast cancer prevent morbid swelling of arms after surgery.
At SaiShree hospital, we make sure our patients receive the optimum level of comfort and care throughout the surgical procedure. Contact us to know more about the detailed treatment options and its rehabilitation programs.