Genioplasty is a chin surgery that is performed by our team of maxillofacial surgeons. Typically, genioplasty is carried out to enhance looks and is considered as a cosmetic surgery. There are different ways to go about this procedure including :
- Advancement : the chin is moved in the forward direction
- Pushback : the chin is moved backward
- Side-to-side : performed for individuals with an asymmetrical chin.
- Vertical changes : the chin is made shorter or longer based on the patient’s preference
There are two major types of genioplasty including sliding genioplasty and chin implants.
In this procedure, our expert surgeons make cut in the bone of the chin away from the rest of the jaw and then adjust it to rectify chin deficiency. It is also referred to as osseous genioplasty.
The chin is fixed in position with superior quality Swisstitanium implants.It is usually recommended for patients that have retrogenia and for individuals whose chin is relatively back compared to the rest of the face.
- Possible chances of minor infection
- Allergic reaction to implants
- Nerve damage
- The exposure of screws