Knee pain due to an injury or disease hinders the overall quality of life. Where many knee problems might be resolved with non-surgical treatments, there are many such cases where knee surgery becomes mandatory. Saishree Hospital Orthopedic surgeons are keen to offer knee surgery with basic principles of surgery yet customized approach. Many advances have been made in the field of knee surgery, helping the surgical procedures to be less invasive and more efficient.
If your ability to walk has been compromised due to aging, injury, or disease, there is various surgical treatment approaches your doctor would suggest. But first, a complete examination and selection of diagnostic tests are performed by the orthopedic surgeons. They use X-rays and diagnostic imaging such as CT scans to resolve the main cause of knee pain. Thereafter, your specialist will suggest one of the following surgical treatments :
- Arthroscopy / Meniscectomy : The treatment involves removal of the parts of meniscus cartilage causing knee pain.
- Meniscus Repair : Meniscus acts as a shock-absorber for knee movements. In case of any wear or tear caused to this cartilage, surgeons will repair them to restore the normal anatomy of the knee.
- Meniscus Transplant : The treatment includes removal of the entire meniscus from the knee and replacing it with a donor meniscus.
- ACL Reconstruction : The Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is critical to knee stability. Any injuries causing an ACL tear are recommended an ACL reconstruction where your orthopedic surgeon will reconstruct your damaged ACL with surgical procedures.
- Knee Replacement Surgery : The treatment involves a metal and plastic knee replacement implant inserted into the knee for normal functioning.
At Saishree Hospital, we bear a long-time success history for knee surgery. Consult our exquisite team of orthopedic surgeons who make customized treatment approach for individual patients, as no two of the patients bear the same treatment resulting outcomes.