Doctors recommend shoulder surgery to patients suffering from damaged, detached, degenerated, or diseased shoulder joints. Shoulder arthroscopy in Pune at Saishree Hospital is performed to help patients restore pain-free range of motion and a fully functional shoulder joint movement. The treatment approach is determined by an expert orthopedic surgeon who first evaluates the patient’s medical history and recommends a few medical tests like X-ray or Ultrasound & MRI.
Things You Must Know About Shoulder Surgery
1) Our shoulders have to perform different forms of movement, and therefore, it is the most flexible joint in the human body. Arthritis, rotator cuff tears, or frozen shoulders can hinder the flexibility of this bone and might cause severe pain and restricts movements of your shoulders. It can affect your activities of daily living.
If you have soft tissue injury to the shoulder and your pain does not go away with non-surgical treatment methods, your orthopedician may suggest shoulder arthroscopy to address your condition.
Non-surgical treatments include rest, physical therapy & medication or injections that can reduce inflammation.
Arthroscopy is a procedure that orthopedic surgeons use to inspect, diagnose & repair problems inside a joint.
The word Arthroscopy comes from 2 Greek words ‘artho’ which means joints & ‘skopein’ which means to look.
Arthroscopic shoulder surgery is used to treat common problems like bursitis, tendinitis, impingement, rotator cuff tears, arthritis, labral tears & instability.
2) In case your rotator cuffs encounter tear, the ideal treatment depends on the degree & duration of injury and location where your shoulder is affected. Rotator cuff tears are often cured surgically through shoulder arthroscopy in Pune because it eliminates major concern for risks associated with open surgery.
3) Frozen shoulder often occurs when you are under recovery from a specific medical condition that restraint your shoulder movement. Under this circumstance, frozen shoulder is also treated by arthroscopy. Shoulder arthroscopic surgery also helps your doctor get access to your inner shoulder bones and check for other problems such as bone spurs.
4) Bone spurs occur when there is an extra bone formation inside the body. It can happen in any joint in the body. The bone spurs is a matter of concern when the new bone forms lump where it shouldn’t form. The unwanted bone creates disturbance around the joints and is extremely painful when rubbed against other tissues. Surgery is performed to excise the lump and opening up the joint space.
5) Soon after the completion of your surgery, our doctors will recommend specific exercises and sleeping positions that help strengthen your muscles, reduce swelling and stiffness, and enhance recovery.
At Saishree Hospital, we are proud to work as a team of professional and highly experienced orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, and consultants. Make your appointment today and get complete treatment for shoulder and knees in a relaxed environment.